Thanks please read and sign the spatial data sharing agreement from next page
Spatial Data Sharing Agreement
Conditions of Use
All users of Namibia statistics Agency (NSA) spatial data files, made available through the Spatial Data Sharing Agreement between the NSA and Users must agree to the following conditions of use:
- NSA retains Custodianship rights (including representing Namibian Government copyright) of the products offered under the Spatial Data Sharing Agreement, and this Agreement is only a license to acquire and use these data products. No title or other rights are conveyed by this Agreement.
- These data products are provided 'as is', and the custodian/owner makes no warranty, either expressed or implied, as to the appropriateness and fitness for a particular purpose.
- These digital spatial data products are to be used only by the person, department or organization that had requested the data in writing from NSA, and other staff members of this institution (referred to here-in as "Authorized Users") and only while they have such status with this institution.
- These data products are provided for the exclusive purposes of that they are requested for, and may not be used for any other purposes without the explicit written approval, in advance, of NSA.
- The distribution of any digital spatial data obtained under this Agreement through transfer, donation, sale, or exchange of any portion of these data in any way is strictly prohibited. In accordance with this condition the Authorized User agrees not to copy or permit others to copy the products, in whole or in part without written authorization from NSA.
- The bona fide publishing of data and analysis resulting from research using any of these data products is permitted. The authors of these communications are required to cite NSA as the source of the data, in the following manner, and to indicate that the result or views expressed are those of the author/authorized user: Extract of the data set ... at (scale...) Reproduced with the permission of Namibia Statistics Agency
- Should the Authorized User no longer be associated with the institution that requested the data, or if advised by the institution that his/her employment contract has been terminated, the Authorized User agrees to return or destroy any and all copies of the digital spatial data in the possession of the Authorized User to the requesting institution.
- The main purpose of this agreement is to protect the copyright of the Namibian Government according the Statistics Act 2011. All references to spatial data and the National Spatial Data Infrastructure in this Act apply to this agreement.
- Another purpose of this agreement is to keep track of the use of spatial data owned by the Namibian government in order to justify appropriate acquisition of required spatial data.
- NSA reserves the right to get non-confidential information from the user on cost reduction as a result of the use of the spatial data under this agreement.
Further information on the conditions of use can be obtained from the Statistician General, at telephone 061 - 431 3201 , or from Mr. Nevel Ngahahe-Hangero, Head of Spatial Data & NSDI Division, (phone: 061 - 431 3200).