The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Census 2021. The logo may be used in all media – including online, print, on merchandise and other visual collateral. Following are the official contest rules.
- Individuals or teams (Schools, Societies etc) may submit no more than two entries
- Members of the NSA, Board Members, staff and their immediate relatives are not eligible to enter.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- An entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prise information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- Create a logo design in .jpeg, sketch or PDF formats (if you are chosen as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high resolution vector file (e.g., in Adobe Illustrator or InDesign).
- Entries must be submitted in either digital or hard copy formats.
- The logo must be accompanied by a description for the logo idea.
- Entries must bear no signatures or any personal signals.
Each Entry should be accompanied by a separate document, indicating:
- Full name(s) of the individual(s)
- Date of Birth of the individual(s)
- Address, email, and phone number of the individual(s)
A Selection Committee is comprised of the judges. They will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
Closing Date 28 June 2019
- Relevance – Does the entry align with the theme and goals of the Census Initiative?
- Originality – Does the composition exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
- Aesthetic Quality – Does the submission command attention? Does it display visual balance and colour coordination? Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?