Reporting to : Senior Statistician: National Accounts
Duty station : NSA Head Office, Windhoek
In coordination with the Senior Statistician, execute the sourcing, sampling, processing, preparation and releasing or distribution of national accounts statistics and other related macro-economic aggregates. Follow schedules of data processing, verification and data base administration tasks to ensure the integrity of the national accounts database(s).
Key responsibilities include:
• National Accounts preparations/schedules
• National Accounts specific data sourcing and services
• National Accounts ad hoc data surveys or studies
• Compilation of quarterly GDP. preliminary annual national accounts, annual national accounts and monthly sectoral reports
• Provide database administration services.
• Provide National Accounts Statistics
• Data publication finalisations
• National Accounts reports and macro-economic modelling
• Assist in National Accounts data, surveys, releases and distribution
• Bachelor Degree in Economics, Commerce with majors in Economics and Accounting, Business Administration with majors in Economics and Accounting. An Honours or Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
• 1 year experience within a statistics or economics environment
• Thorough understanding of statistics principles
• Basic Accountancy
• Good communication skills (writing and verbal)
• Understanding of inferential statistics
• Advance economics understanding
Interested candidates may submit their applications in writing, accompanied by a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant educational qualifications as well as certificates of service confirming relevant /appropriate experience to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 13 APRIL 2017
Reporting to : Manager: Internal Audit
Key Performance Areas
• Administration and related services
• Internal Audit Programme
• Internal Audit Administrative Services
• Systems, Investigative and Ad Hoc Audit
• Risk Assurance
• Adherence to risk management, quality policies and methodologies
• Administer ad hoc investigations on infringements of procedures
• Ensures Compliance to technical standards and efficiency in completion
• Maintains records of audit, progress reports, recommendations, improvement assessments, etc., and provide reports from these to users when required.
Educational Qualifications & Job requirement Experience
• Bachelor Degree majoring in Accounting, auditing, Risk Management, IT and Financial Management.
• To embark on approved professional certification with commitment to complete in three years
• A minimum of three (3) years working experience
• Adhering to principles and values
• Writing and reporting
• Applying expertise and technology
• Planning and organization
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectation
Applicants who wish to obtain more information related to Internal Auditor position should direct their Enquiry to: Ms. Jacqueline Meissenheimer at 061- 431 3223. Interested candidates may submit their applications in writing, accompanied by a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant educational qualifications as well as certificates of service confirming relevant /appropriate experience to:
preferential treatment.” Only short listed candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.